An Observational Study of Presentation, Treatment Patterns, and Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma Participants
The purpose of this study is to describe contemporary, real-world patterns of patient characteristics, clinical disease presentation, therapeutic regimen chosen, and clinical outcomes in participants with newly diagnosed [ND] multiple myeloma (MM) and participants with relapsed/refractory [R/R] MM.
- Multiple Myeloma
- Eligible Ages
- Over 18 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Is 18 years of age or older.
Is experiencing the following:
1. Newly diagnosed MM within 3 months from initiation of treatment with documented month and year of diagnosis, criteria met for diagnosis, stage, and MM-directed treatment history, including duration, or
2. Relapsed/refractory MM who have received 1 to 3 prior lines of therapy with documented data in the medical record regarding diagnosis (month and year), the regimens used in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line as applicable, whether stem cell transplant was part of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line of therapy, whether consolidation/maintenance was part of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line of therapy, also whether investigational therapy/treated on a clinical trial was part of any of these regimens.
Is willing and able to sign informed consent to participate. Is willing and able to complete patient-reported outcomes (PROs) in accordance with local regulatory and data protection requirements.
Is reporting to a site in this study for a second opinion (consultation only) or participants whose frequency of consult and follow-up are not adequate for quarterly electronic case report form (eCRF) completion.
Has participated in another study (observational or interventional) that prohibits participation in this study.
- Study Type
- Observational Model
- Time Perspective
|Relapsed/refractory (R/R) MM||Patients who have received 1 to 3 prior lines of therapy||
|Newly diagnosed (ND) MM||Patients within 3 months from initiation of treatment||
- NCT ID
- Active, not recruiting
This is a prospective, non-interventional, observational study. This study will look at contemporary, real-world patterns of patient characteristics, clinical disease presentation, therapeutic regimen chosen, and clinical outcomes in participants with MM. Participants will not be asked to change their routine clinical treatment. Participants will have to complete patient reported outcomes (PROs) surveys during on-site routine office visits.
The study will enroll approximately 4200 participants. Participants will be assigned to one of the following cohorts based upon the diagnosis of MM:
- ND MM within 3 months from initiation of treatment
- R/R MM who have received 1 to 3 prior lines of therapy
This multi-center trial will be conducted worldwide. The overall time to participate in this study is up to 8 years. Participants will be evaluated and followed-up for a period of at least 5 years, until death, are lost to follow-up, or the end of the study, whichever comes first.